Robert Bell 09/05/1980

This site is dedicated to experiments in audio-visual moving image and constructions in 3D virtual space. It contains notes on surrounding theories and processes.

Sunday 8 June 2008

AUDIO EXPERIMENTS 2 : Melody

Having decided on 11 sections per side (10 window tones plus dial tone), I now need do build a melody for the track. This I want to be varying but also personal to the individual. Therefore I have decided to use the dial tone frequencies that make up touch tone phones (numbers 0-9).

These consist of dual frequency tones, getting higher in frequency from 0-9. You can see a table of the frequencies through an earlier link in the 'DIALTONES' post.

To match up with the 11 sections I will use the sequence for mobile phone numbers. Here is the resulting audio for my mobile number, played twice.

No comments: